Wednesday, October 6, 2010

This Time Last year...

...I was in Ireland! =D

In honor of my trip last year, I decided to post pictures and maybe an excerpt or two from my journal each day that the trip was on last year. =)

So Day One (Not counting the day we departed): We arrived at Heahtrow Airport to find out that our flight was moved. So instead of a 5 hour layover... we got a 7 1/2 hour layover. Due to two people in our group having liquid/drinks in their luggage (we even passed an area where we were supposed to throw those out!), customs made a big fat hairy deal out of it and Dr. Massey wouldn't let the students leave the airport.

 
 So we waited... and boy was it a long wait! There were shops in the terminal but after we went through those about three or four times, they got old. Most of us hadn't slept on the flight over the big pond, so we took advantage of the opportunity.



Meredith and Megan were exhausted -- We all were! I had a picture of me asleep that a friend took... but I couldn't find it!

Honestly, I couldn't find it! XD








 We finally arrived in Dublin! And it was raining. But it was ok, the city was still amazing!



 Our tour guide was very nice and sympathetic. Her name is Alley! She got us all on the bus and took us to the hotel where we checked in, freshened up, and relaxed a bit.




 Several of us decided to walk around the city before dinner (we were eating at the hotel that night).  We visited a little art museum just around the corner -- it had these neat stain glass windows and pretty architecture. We weren't allowed to photograph the artwork.


 Walking around town we saw lots of different buildings and store fronts (we stayed fairly close to the hotel). We even saw (Dr.) Massey's funeral home! =)


 Dinner at the hotel was AMAZING! The food was so delicious... they had the BEST tomato soup EVER! I'll never eat cambell's again...

 As you can see, the hotel room was really nice as well.



That bed was so comfy and a sight for sore eyes that night. I fell asleep before I even realized it.

 Thus concludes Day one! =)

No comments: